Saturday, August 14, 2004

News: Bennie R. Scroggins

[37343]

Resident of Christopher, IL

News: Southern Illinoisan, Carbondale, IL, 14 Aug 2004

Benny Scroggins is a 68-year-old Korean War veteran from Christopher who also believes the war in Iraq is the most important issue facing voters. Scroggins said he plans to continue watching the presidential race, but admitted that he is "leaning" toward Kerry.



"The war in Iraq is something that really concerns me and I think right now that Kerry is more likely to end the war quicker," Scroggins said. "I try to watch it closely on a daily basis. I think we also need some help with the economy both in the nation and here in Illinois. I'm going to try and vote for candidates that I think can help in that area."



A retired railroader, Scroggins said he wants to see U.S. Senate candidates Obama and Keyes hold a debate in Carbondale. Scroggins said he will also cast a vote for state Sen. Gary Forby, who is being challenged by Ron Summers in the 59th District Senate race.


(added 15 Aug 2004)

No comments: